Sunday, June 14, 2009

Heart Breaker

FICTION

It was a pre arranged meeting. Ram had decided that he would tell her today. He would tell her that she was the most important person in his life. Not a single moment was there when he didn't think of her. For him she was the angel on earth. She had an irresistible charm about her way of talking, her way of walking, the way she smiled at him. . Everything about her was special. 

But he was afraid. He was very afraid that she would turn him down. After all what did he have. Only heart full of love . . Not even a job. He didn’t expect himself to be accepted by her. But he had to tell her anyway. Because it had cost him lots of sleepless nights and days of heartache to come to this decision . At least he would be happy that he didn’t hide anything from her. For they were close friends now. He had chosen the seashore as the meeting place. He felt the oceans would calm him down.

 But so wrong it had turned out. His heart rate shot up as he saw her coming.  She wouldn't count in best looking females of world. But her soul was the most beautiful . He had no doubts.

 'Aarthi' he called her in a cowering voice.

“ Hey hi! Why the surprise meet here? “She asked in that most innocent voice. He forgot what he had to say in that moment. He said something incoherently which made her look at him with those wide eyes. He was lost again  

 “Come on you didn’t call me to discuss some science problem did you? “      

 “Erm. . . No. . I wanted to tell you something from a long time..”

“what is it? Tell me no? “

“Hmm. . You look very beautiful today. .”

“ Thank you.” She just smiled.

“Its about me and you yaar.”

“ What about me and you? We are such close friends. “

That did it . . He couldn't tell her . He somehow directed conversation in other direction. But his heart was broken into thousand pieces . He had wasted the only golden opportunity. The mood was apocalyptic.  

Aarthi was returning from beach. Her cell rang. It was her heartthrob calling. Her pulse raced at the moment.   Her mind went blank hearing his voice.

 So wonderful he is. What do I have to impress him?I have to tell him one day anyway.  But what if he turns me down?  Atleast  I'll be happy I didn't hide anything from him.

Where should I tell him? Sea shore may be the right place.Sea may calm me down.                                        

“Hey hi why did you texted me to call??.”

 “Its about me and you . . I wanted to tell something for a long time…. 

  “What about us? We are such close friends. .   “ 

No comments:

Post a Comment