Friday, April 17, 2009

The end which wasn't

I m sweating a lot.. I realise..I look up and see the bright burning sun..I m heading towards a very high peak..which one??? its all a little hazy...too much of sun can do that to you.I look around. There are many big rocks seen at a distance,tall grass surrounds me .Its brown in colour ..so it must be summer time then, I tell to myself.

HEY HEY HEY !!!! am I alone????

How did I end up in this place?? Where on the earth am I? I remember myself and my friends starting to climb yesterday morning.Since the climb was very tough  we decided to climb the mountain slowly, We took rest near the starting of the steep climb yesterday night.I dont know what happened next.....

Come on think you Idiot !!!,I try to remember furiously ...but I m still blank..
May be they left me here and moved forward...but WHY?? what had happened..?
My survival instinct gets activated.I see my bag lying besides me.I take the bag and rummage through it. I find a water bottle and drink from it.Uff...! so tiring it is... I think

Oh SHIT!!! that was the only bottle of water I had! What should I do next?? I suddenly get worried.I should move on and try to find my partners I decide..Thats the only way I can survive.
I gather all my items and start climbing up.Disturbing thoughts occupy my head but I forcefully move the m away and try to think about the task in hand.The cliff looks so high and I m right at the middle of the journey,I cant go back also..So Slowly I continue my climb

I feel sweat trickling through my face.I try to put my tongue out and try to catch that drop because I m so thirsty now.I need some water but around me is a very dry land with grass.Hmm I can try eating grass I think.I try to remove the grass nearby.It seems so difficult because I m so tired.Ouch! the grass has cut through my fingers...! I now learn that mountain grasses can be so sharp.Bright red blood oozes out of the wound.I try to lick the wound hoping to get some moisture to tongue..but its not of any use..My mouth is so dry,tongue feels sticky and then there is the metallic taste of blood.I try second time to remove the grass by bending it and the top most part comes in my hands.I look for any signs of moisture in that but it also looks depressingly dry.Anyway lets try ..I put in into my mouth and try to eat.

Aaaaaah! I cry...the grass has cut through my tongue! It pains like hell..And I can feel thick sticky blood pouring into my mouth.I feel dizzy,I start to cry like a baby..I m alone here help me!! I try to scream but I cant..You cant scream when your mouth is full of blood beleive me!
I try to swallow the blood but It kinda sticks to my throat..I curse myself for coming to this hell.
Then I start to move forward but everything around me starts to roll..I unsteadily move some steps and collapse to ground.Even my breath feels so dry.

Then I realise that i m not going to make it..Yes this is how its gonna end.Oh my God! I m going to die inch by inch ..
Then there is a rush of energy inside me..I get up and move upwards and I move for 10 more minutes,then I collapse again.I realise I m at the edge of a steep cliff.My knees are bleeding I realise and I feel like crying again.Does my life had to end like this? I think.
Again the world starts rolling ..I try to walk but suddenly I cant find anything to step on..


I realise I m falling down...down... down...


THUD!!!!

I suddenly get up from my bed! I m sweating throughout....I get up and move towards fridge.
I get the water bottle  and drink..water is so cool..so soothing ..so refreshing...

.........................................Water is the elixir of life...................................................



My God ,it was one helluva nightmare!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment