Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Power - Politics

Tomorrow I am going to exercise my right to vote, and give the power  to represent my constituency and to rule my country to some politician. So tomorrow is the day when a common man like me becomes all powerful..say as if in a fantasy story..

I wanted to share my ideas about  power  and publicity..

Just today evening , me and my family friends had an interesting discussion about the ongoing elections and to which party should our votes go. It was highly interesting to see people’s power so alive and in action!!!  How much ever you dislike our ruling system, you have to admire it, atleast the day before elections!

We think that the candidates who get elected will get all the ruling power ..but the reality is indeed very different. Publicity  and power usually do not go together..You get a choice, either you can be popular or you can be powerful..you don’t get to be an allrounder. I had the chance to meet one such person who chose to be powerful. When  you talk with such people, you get amazed by the amount of control they have over these so called rulers of the country. Whichever party comes to power, its always a puppet government and a puppet PM…There are vested interests which control  all kinds of politicians even without entering political battlefield. I m not saying that our MPs don’t have any saying about the ruling,  they do have freedom, but there is a limit..

In a way, it is right for the powerful people to not to lead a public life, since too much power attracts too many enemies..isn’t it?  I m always fascinated by powerful people..how they gain  power, how they  manipulate it and how they lose it…I d like to give examples of godfather novel or the Tristan betrayal by Robert Ludlum and many many other examples all stating the same..Power is not present in the hands of popular leaders..

So as I vote tomorrow, I know that  I will be the all powerful man..i hope you also will vote and experience the feeling of being supremely powerful! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment