Monday, May 4, 2009

THE WINDOWS AND THE GATES


Hehe actually nothing related to Microsoft here ;) . I was musing about my own memories of my home, the one I will be leaving soon . I don’t know about others but in my home ,the gate and the windows are literally gates and windows to many many memories.. every time I look at them I  get reminded of one or the other events , sometimes many events revolving around the same place..

This is the gate to my home, it also is a gateway to lots of memories. I remember playing shuttle badminton with my sister using this gate as net!! That was when I was in 5th std I guess.. I used to climb the gate (left part) and move along with it..I remember many important people opening the gate and coming in..I also remember the first time when I took  our car outside this gate. Just as I write all these still more memories flood in to my consciousness..its as if a big part of my life is intimately linked to it.

 

 

 

 

 

                                               

This window also has something to tell..you can see a newspaper lying there right? This window is right in front part of the house. This is where I used to enjoy reading newspaper everyday morning along with chai..Its a ritual to me , to enjoy the daily tea with news, if I miss either of the two, I will be upset whole day! Once I was so engrossed in reading news that I got up without realizing the sharp edge of window was behind me..I had a nasty injury to my back to remember that event!

                                  

This window is in terrace,  where I used to practice cricket alone..:) the marks of dirty ball impact are still there on the walls ;) . Also when I did not get the expected ranking in AIEEE, I remember myself braving it in front of others and afterwards quietly coming here and crying my heart out..I thought I had lost completely  in life and there was no hope. How wrong I was.. I realize now that my failures  were tests of my strength to cope up. I’ve learnt more from my failures than from my successes.

                                           

Hmm .. this one looks kinda scary isn’t it? In fact it is… this window has given me more nightmares than you can ever imagine..whenever I see this window only one picture flashes in front of my eyes. The picture of my father , holding his chest in one hand and supporting himself on the railings as he suffered from angina for the first time.. he was sweating profusely , was breathing labouriously  and was asking for help.. I never felt such fear and helplessness ever before ..fear of losing  my  family.  It looks as if the cursed moment still lingers around this window..

Closing the windows , I would like to add that this is an effort to console myself for the reason that I have to move to a new house. Its such a difficult experience for me to leave a place which I called home for last  15 years. But change is the constant thing in our life isn’t it. I would give still more glimpses of this place  ..next time..

 

 

3 comments: